Tuesday, October 21, 2008

LXXIV

So you’re leaving.” Jinx said looking at the ground he had his hands in his pockets.

Bethyam nodded.

Jinx rubbed his face, “I guess I figured you would ship out with yes.”

“Well Da said we should get back home.” Bethyam was playing with her hair, “I need to get back to my patents. I was the only healer there.” She passed to look at Jinx, “and Da would like to get back to fresh water, the seven angry gods don’t bother him as much when he is not in their territory.”

“That makes since.” Jinx said.

They stood in silence, it was the kind of silence which was awkward, where both felt like they should say something but neither could think of anything to say. Bethyam though Jinx was sweet, and cute. When she saw him she felt a good tickle. However there was a but. Jinx was cursed, that was the end of it.

Jinx felt he loved Bethyam. She was smart, gentle, and pretty. She was the only person he knew who was actually merciful, merciful to everyone she met. Now she was leaving.

After several minuets passed Bethyam said, “I better get going. I should make sure lucky gets all my things.”

“Bethyam?” Jinx asked as she started to walk away, “will I ever see you again?”

Bethyam smiled, “maybe” she answered and walked away.

No comments:

Rant

Please please please don't lose faith i will be starting this up again.