Thursday, September 11, 2008

LXIII

Archer sat on his bed, thinking about the day. Dealing with the aftermath of the battle had taken up the majority of his ability to process. The ships would send their man into a watery grave tomorrow morning after the funeral Jonny would take the Lorain to the port to deliver the captives. Then he and his men would stage a mutiny. They would leave archer’s crew on the designated island where Archer would pick them up. Hopefully this would pacify his superiors.

There was a tap on the door. “Come in.” Archer said. He raised his head and was surprised to see lucky walk in, “Lucky…”

“I’m leaving with Jonny tomorrow.” She said.

“Archer paused a moment then said, “I know.”

Lucky was wringing her hands as if she was unsure what she was supposed to do with them, “I just wanted to…” she looked up and noticed the blood on his white blouse. “You’re bleeding.”

Archer looked at the dried blood on his blouse, “Oh its nothing.” He said.

Lucky walked up to him, “Let me see.”

He obliged her and took off his blouse. “See it’s already stopped bleeding.”

Lucky wet her handkerchief and cleaned off the dried blood,” It must have hurt terribly.”

Archer shook his head, “I don’t even remember it happening. There is no greater numbing agent then the heat of battle.”

“I know.” Said Lucky with a fleeting smile, “I wanted to apologies. I really meant to stay out of the battle, I just…”

“Saw your brother in danger.” Archer finished for her.

Lucky nodded.

“I have an apology to make as well," Archer took Lucky’s hand, “I should not have over reacted, if it hadn’t been for you we might not have won.”

Lucky smiled and went back to dabbing away the dried blood, “You are forgiven besides I don’t think…” Lucky’s voice trailed off as she noticed Archers tattoo. It was an even sided cross.

“Something wrong?” he asked.

Lucky looked at him with a mixture of shock and amazement, “You’re a templar.”

No comments:

Rant

Please please please don't lose faith i will be starting this up again.